Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Music Video Blog

       I have completed filming my music video.  I have taken steps to ensure that my music video has the best quality and looks presentable. The first step I have taken is re-shot scenes that I felt could have been shot better. The reason I did that was so that during the editing process I could have already prepared shots that I'm going to use. Another reason why I chose to do this is so I can limit the amount of time I spend editing. This is is proven because I spent less time editing than the previous times I have an edit. During the editing process, I created a schedule. The reason I created a schedule is so that I can limit the time that I spent editing. In this schedule, I listed the exact time each scene would happen. In this schedule, I picked a time the song will end. I also decided on which special effects, I will add during the editing process. These are all the steps that I took prior to editing to ensure smooth sailing during the editing process.
       The actual editing that took place was not difficult and was surprisingly easier than expected. The reason why I say this is because the first time I actually edit it was hard and difficult. Due to never. using pinnacle studios as well as not understanding the importance of editing. During this project I quite enjoyed editing and that is because of the prior knowledge I had on editing as well as knowing the process. Furthermore, the first step I took during editing was combined with all the scenes that I was going to use in one video. After that, I cut all the scenes to be shorter, at least six seconds each except the lip-syncing ones. To the introduction scenes, I added a black screen after each scene. The reason was to make a smoother transition between scene to scene. a jump cut was also added.  I also darkened the brightness of each scene. I also added the effect of making the video look like it was shot on an old camera. Lastly, I added the music and cut it to match my video and the lip-syncing. The editing process was simple and didn't require much time and effort. The reason for that is because I had previously planned out everything that would be in the video.  However, I did run into some complications.
         As previously mentioned the editing process did not run entirely smooth. There were three major complications. This first complication was the music and what I believe to be the most time-consuming. The reason why the music was so complicated is that every time that I would try and download the song "Hostage" it wouldn't download. Due to that, it made me waste time because I had to keep asking people for help until I finally decided to use another computer. Another reason why music was so difficult was because I had to cut it to match the lip-syncing parts. The second complication was adding the black screen. The last complication was adding special effects. For me to able to do that I had to look on youtube and see how to do it. Even though I had complications I still believe that my music video encapsulated the message within the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment