Sunday, October 27, 2019

Filming Blog

  Today me and my partners filmed our commercial we each brought  a variety of things to complete our commercial. I was the director. I brought a variety of Dunkin Donuts as well as Ice coffee and regular coffee. My other partners brought the clothing and more. Me and my group ran into issues because we didn't now how to put the camera on the tripod. We were running out of time so I made a executive decisions and decided to just do all the shots handheld. This created an issue because each shot was shaky and not the best it could have been if it was shot on a  tripod. After asking a few people in my class to see if they knew how to put the tripod on the camera and no one knowing how. I finally found someone she taught how to put the camera on the tripod the issue was were missing a piece to connect the tripod and the camera. We still had an issue though even though the camera was on the tripod it was lose. I had to be extremely careful with using the tripod in fear that I don't drop the camera.  However I managed and still got some good shots,
     We filmed various shots. First and foremost we shot an establishing shot of the benches in front of the band room. We filmed this shot twice and then we did this version while my partner was walking. We also shot another version of this establishing shot with the main actor drinking coffee and walking. While doing this shot I alternated between zooming and zooming out on these shots.The second shot I directed was a low angle of the actor walking, I filmed this shot four times. The  next shot included a long shot of partner sleeping on the bench I panned this shot. During this shot I moved the camera along my partner body and then closed up on her face. I repeated this shot multiple times and recorded this at different times. My partner went to go change in the next outfit and I set up the camera at a different location. At this point I had stop directing and became and actor.
       My partner took control of the camera while I became an actor. This scene where I became an actor and Asia shot the same concept in three different scenes. The first scene was of me walking up to the main actor with a coffee in my hand and an Ice Coffee in her and we start chatting. The second scene is of me already there with the actor and we are talking. The last and final scene of this same concept is me talking to the actor  but with and over the shoulder view. At this point me and my group were running out of time so we decided to re shoot a bunch a scene quickly with the tripod. When we were done we went upstairs and dumped our footage. Dumping the footage took time because there was not a lot available computers that worked fast enough. We we finally found a computer that worked we dumped all our footage labeled it and returned all the equipment to our teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment