Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Comercial Blog

             Today me and my group reshot a couple of scenes for our commercial in order to get the best scene possible that will produce a quality commercial. The scenes that we reshoot were the talking scene between the actor and me. As well as the sleeping scene in which the actor is sleeping on the bench. Also, the scene in which the actor smiles at the camera and eats the donuts. I directed all aspects of this reshoot as well as the commercial. Me and Stephanie also shot a different location. As well as positioning that camera in various ways to see which looked better visually. We then dumped all the footage from the school computer to my current laptop. We did this by saving all the footage on to a thumb drive and inserting into my computer and uploading all the files into my google drive. Which was difficult because most of the computers were not functioning.
     Like previously mentioned the school computer was not functioning properly. The computers failed to connect to the internet. As well as the editing software did not work. Due to this, I was not able to edit the commercials. However, during this time, I  created an outline and the editing steps that must be taken to create the final product. Some examples of this is that half of the commercial will be shot in white and black. The reason for this decision is two show how much Dunkin Donuts can impact one life. Another strategy we have decided to take is to create a split-screen also in black and white. As well as inserting different items in the commercial to make it more presentable. All this in hopes to find a perfects shot.
      Today I and my partners also decided on which is the best shots that will remain the commercial. This included taking out longer shots that were more than six seconds. As well as cutting out shots that are shakey and do not fully represent the vision in which I and my team are going for. Some of the shot included low angles of the actor walking. As well as establishing shots of the benches. During this time we also added a voiceover. A voice-over is when sound is added later on during the editing process. The reason why we chose to do a voice-over was that I felt as though the commercial will make much more sense because there was no dialogue that was spoken. During this time we also chose the music that will be played throughout the commercial. All in all today was a good day for outlining the exact steps we must take in the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment