Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Commercial Blog

   Today was one of the last days that my group members and I had to finish the commercial. Due to that, I and my other team members were feeling the pressure. As well as I was extremely scared and worried that my group and I  wouldn't finish editing on time since it was one of the last days of class to finish the commercial. Today was the day that we got a majority of editing done as well putting on the last touches for the commercial. The reason why today I did the bulk of the editing was that during the previous classes the computers were not working. Also during Tuesday's class, the computers were working however my teammates and I ran into some issues a lot of them actually. One of the issues that we ran into is when we got our computer, pinnacle studios took a long time to start. As well as it took along to import the footage from google drive to pinnacle studios. After I finally was able to import the footage onto pinnacle studios, another problem arose, the videos were in bad quality because the computer was slowing them down. However, we tried our best even though we didn't finish.
     During the editing process, a lot of effort and work were put in as well as changing some of the concepts to try and better our commercial. Some of the changes we made are that, during the scenes where the actor is sleeping and not energetic, I decided to make them black and white. Whereas the scenes were she is energetic and lively as well as drinking the Dunkin donuts, will be shown in color. Just to show the audience how much Dunkin Donuts can improve someone's life. Another thing was added was a 2-second transition message on a black screen between the sleeping scene and the actor talking to friends. The message that will display "In Another Universe". Another change that was added to the original concept is voiceover. The reason why we decided to do a voiceover because we felt that it would better present what were trying to say. Those all the changes that we tried to implement that shifted from the original idea of the commercial. These changes, in my opinion, made the commercial better than if we kept the original concept verbatim.
      During the actual physical editing process, we ran into issues again. As previously mentioned the computer was slowing down the actual video so it made it really hard to see which video was good enough to use. So I had to go on my google drive and look at the videos to see which ones were gonna be in the final product. Doing that cut into our editing time because I had over 50 videos to look over. It was also very hard to try and shorten the scenes up because when we were trying to cut some parts of a scene it would take multiple tries for the part of the scene to cut. Another struggle that we had faced but eventually got through was adding the split-screen. We tried multiple times do as our instructor told but it wasn't working out. Eventually, my partner went on youtube to find out how to do a split-screen. Even though we didn't completely finish and still have some final touches to put in I am extremely proud of how the commercial turned out. All in all the experience of doing this commercial opened my eyes to different career opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment