Thursday, November 14, 2019

Music Viedo Research

     As me and my team wrap up our commercial on Dunkin Donuts and start our music video there is a few thing that worked well and went wrong. Those thing that went right will be integrated in my music vied. The issues that I faced in my last video I will try to better so I can integrate them in my music video. Some thing that went well in my previous project was following the storyboard consistently. Doing that allowed us to not have to due many re shoots as well as not be so constricted on time.Due to that I will being using the storyboard for the music video religiously as well.  However there were issues that I faced towards the end of the commercial project, the main issues was the editing processes. The reason for that being is that my group didn't familiarize ourselves with the editing process before hand. To better work on this project I will go over the basics of Pinnacle Studios.
    The song that I have chosen to do the music video to is "Hostage" by Billie Ellish. The genre of the song is alternative/indie. The reason why i chose to do this song is because I can relate to it and I feel as though all type of people can relate. The reason why I relate to this song is because its a normal thing to feel trapped by the situations that your in as well as by other things. Another reason why I chose this song is because the lyrics and music is trying to say something important. Which is what I believe makes good music.
       The genre of the music video is Alternative/ Indie.
  1. Costumes- the costumes usually in alternative/ indie music are lose not really tight fitted. Clothing can be a mixture of dark and bright as well as very casual clothing. 
  2. Lighting in these music video are usually dark that represents a more gloomy mood. 
  3. Actors- the actors in in this type of genre our usually young adults or teenagers. 
  4. Make up- The make up used in this genre is very natural, little to no make up. 
  5. Props- Props in this genre are mostly instruments, 
  6. Setting- The settings in these videos are mostly in dark places like a room or at a house. The setting can also be a forest.
  7. Sound- The usual sound found in this genre is digetic, as well as non-diegetic, 
  8. Editing-  clean cuts, smooth transitions. 
  9. Camera angles- Establishing, wide shot, extreme close up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment