Thursday, November 21, 2019

Planning Music video

       Today in class I planned all the crucial things needed to make this music video successful as well as making sure I tell the story of what the lyrics are trying to say.  The location that I will be filming at is a motel called the "Hotel Gateway Inn" in Hollywood, Florida. The reason why I chose this location is that I want to show the actor being held captive in a room and how she is so close to civilization but cant reaches it. For the motel location, I am going to try and receive prior permission from the owners on whether or not I can film there for free. If they don't allow me to film for free I asked if I can pay a minimal fee for just the day.   In case the location falls though or I am unable to film a motel for a minimal price I will film at one of my peer's houses in a completely empty room with no furniture or anything. I have received prior permission from peer allowing me to film at her residence. The main and health concern that has been brought up is the location of the motel. To ensure the actors and mines safety will be filming at a motel in a safe location. Another concern is the props that will be used is, the chains and the handcuffs will be fake so that they don't hurt the actor's wrist.
          The props that will be used are rope, chains, and handcuffs as well as a lamp. All these props will be fake accepts the lamp. The reason why I chose these props is that they help depict that story that I'm trying to create. The whole concept of this video that I'm trying to create is to show being trapped or held hostage by the things outside of their control. The chains, rope, and handcuff show and represent some being held hostage. There are only going to be one costume throughout the whole video. the costume is going to be ripped jeans and a half ripped shirt. To symbolism how the same things that have held the actor had also torn the actor apart. Another part of the costume is the actor's physical appearance the actor will appear to have been beaten up.
          The schedule that I have put in place will help me be useful with my time. On 11/14 I will choose my song and research the genre that it is in I have already completed that. On 11/20 I will plan my entire music video including location list, schedule, storyboard and so forth. 11/25 I will first start filming all my shots that I needed to tell a good story. 12/2 I will be reshooting all the scened that I feel that could have been told better. 12/9 I will complete and finish editing music video and turn it into class. 12/11 I will complete my CCR and turn it into my teachers. I will try and follow this schedule completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment