Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Music Video Blog

   This weekend became very vital in the effort to create the best music video needed to tell the story of the song "Hostage" by  Billie Eilish. Although I did not professional shoot my music video I did other things that will help me during the actual filming process which will allow me to better use time. The first thing that I did was create an outline of the whole entire process that will occur. The reason why I chose to create the outline and use it religiously is because with each lyric there is an action that takes place which the outline shows. The outline in my personal opinion is much easier. The reason why I included an outline is so that in case I don't follow the storyboard exactly I will have the outline. The outline is much easier to follow because it is not in picture form which does not always capture what is trying to be said it helps because I'm not a visual learner. Writing things down allows me to visualize things, hence the outline. Include in this outline are the lyrics and beside it an exact description of what will take place as well as the actions that the actor will take during this specific lyric. An example of this is during the lyric  "Like a Hostage" the scene that will be shown will be of the actor pulling on the chains that hold her captive. The outline will also be given to the actor, The reason why the outline will be given to the actor is to speed up production. When the actor has an exact model of what is suppose to happen it allows for me to able to quickly shoot the scenes without having to reshoot scenes.
       This weekend I also pre-shot all the scenes that are going to be in my music video. What I mean by this is that I took my iPhone and shot the exacts scenes that will take place as well as scenes that will be in the video. I also pre-shot these scenes at both locations the one at the motel as well as the one in case a situation occurs which is the empty bedroom at my peer's house. The reason why I shot at both locations is to see how the video would look at each location. While pre-shooting I got prior permission to film at the motel. During this pre-shot, I also filmed with all the props and costumes. The reason is to get a feel on how the end product would look with these products. Another reason was to see how if changes needed to be made to the original outline. Doing this I made changes that I feel will better the video. An example of this is instead of the costume being a shirt and ripped jeans it will only be a ripped shirt.
  Another thing that I did which is vital in the filming process even though I did not technically film is secure things needed when actually filming. An example is that I secured all my props. These props included ropes, chains, and handcuffs. To reiterate these props are vital in telling a story in which is someone is being held, hostage. I had a variety of props that I wanted to use bus the pre-shoot helped in deciding which were better to use. Another thing was secure my actors. I secured the actor that will be in the music video as well as her availability on when she can film. I also set a date in which the entire day will be dedicated to filming. As well as added few details to better the project. An example of this is shutting the actor's mouth with tape. All in all, although no filming took place this weekend, the multiple steps that I have taken will ensure the smooth sailing of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment