Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introduction

My name is Jeannie and I could be considered a walking contradiction. I am what you call a difficult person. I believe in the simple things: life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness so in lamens terms my beliefs are what I have been taught growing in the United States of America. However, I do realize that a person's class, age. sex may hinder them from reaching that "American Dream". Now we can argue about why that is an accepted reality but there is only one real answer we as a society have allowed the 1 percent of the 1 percent to dictate the course of our life.
  Moving past this notion in my head on what life is my likes and dislikes. I like reading a lot that is honestly what I prefer to due there is something about someone burying themselves in a book that entrances me. I like how powerful words can be so as a result, I like reading a lot. Now my favorite types of books, articles, essays are the ones that say something important or envokes and idea or a message in society. My favorite book/movie is "Call Me By Your Name" by Andre Aciman. I love music, my taste varies depending on the mood I'm in. An example is on my good days I prefer something upbeat and on my bad days well you can just guess. I don't have a favorite artist I think people who do are weird. I like writing, I have written a book, I like art, poetry, art, directing, science especially biology, and plenty more but I also love sleeping. My dislikes all stem from human behavior. I hate people who are mean for no reason. I dislike the idea that my life may not amount to nothing, I dislike people who are okay with settling for less than what they deserve, I hate the greedy people who oppress the rest of us for their benefit. I dislike the fact that some people get notice for doing dumb things whereas the people who try to make a change do not.
     Lastly, I take all the higher-level classes. My favorite class is Ap English, but that is just because my teacher is extremely funny. I would like to believe that I'm smart but that is hard for me to grasp when the standard of smartness is determined by test.  I also believe that is not a proper way to measure someone's intelligence level but like I said before we have accepted that norm. Anyways that is me in a nutshell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment