Thursday, February 13, 2020

Planning Blog: Storyboard

My partner and I were able to story-board the scenes and ideas that came to us during the planning process shown below in the presentation. I was able to convey the main story from the shooting script onto paper through drawings. I wanted our storyboard to be detailed yet still simple enough so we don't over complicate ourselves when filming our movie. I was able to stretch our all the scenes we created in the shooting script onto the storyboard paper however, honestly we did not have 10 pages of story-boarding done. I did not want to add to the story-line that I knew wasn't true and because I did not have the chance to talk it over with my group member so I story-boarded all the vital scenes that is crucial for our first two minutes of the movie. We wanted to keep the opening of the movie suspenseful and not give away the main plot of the movie which is summarized through our pitch. The opening scenes of the two minute film will allow the audience to get to know and see the memories and personality of the characters before actually finding out more as they watch deeper into the movie. This is why we gave no names to our characters or actors because the opening allows you to make a judgement based on looks and dialogue said but we wanted to keep the name disclosed until later in the movie just like some movies do today. Although it is not our best drawings we still wanted to put effort into our storyboard so when it comes to filming we already have a visual of how the movie will turn out but in better quality and color. Presented below is our storyboard we hope that the drawings allow you to visualize our two minute opening but just to keep in mind this is is our planning and will be better on camera and once it is completely done.

No comments:

Post a Comment