Thursday, February 27, 2020

Journey of Filming has Begun!

  Today my partner and I started to film the beginning scenes if our final task. We did not finish filming all of the scenes but we made some headway into finishing our final task. The rest of the scenes will be filmed Saturday at our second location. Even though my partner and I did not finish filming today was productivity in terms of figuring out how the final project will look like. Filming today I was very simple and straight forward. The reason why it was so easy to film those shots is that everything was mapped out. As well as all the other aspects of our final project were already prepared. Examples of this are the costumes and the lighting as well as the angles of the camera. Due to everything being planned in advance it allowed there to be less time needed for reshoots. All in All, today was a good filming day.

In the filming process, I acted as the director. My partner was the actor in the film and played in all the scenes. In the filming process, as the director, I directed the way in which the actor moved as well as other variables. I ensured that we followed all the camera angles that were written in our script. I also made sure that we followed the storyboard to the exact detail. There was some variation in the storyboard. Some of the variations were how the actor would dress up as well as her make up. We did have some trouble getting the actor into character since she has to play a businesswoman. Even though there were some issues each scene was executed perfectly. I really believed as a director I captured the essence of what the movie that we're trying to make is about. It really intrigued me about the process of directing. Even though I have done this multiple times in the past for other projects this time, directing feels like a possible career path. I loved filming today because we followed are storyboard precisely we finished in 3 hours and had time to go over it and reshoot. As previously mentioned today was a good filming day.



No comments:

Post a Comment