Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review Blog !

Today my partner and I conducted a  peer review on other members of our class, movie. My partner and I reviewed the opening of their final task. The movie opening was 2 minutes and 53 seconds long. The opening consisted of everything needed for the final task. The movie had all the editing completed as well as the titles. The movie also consisted of the perfected sound as well as other factors. The main aspect of the film that I like was the overall consistency of the movie. To further explain while watching the movie it was obvious to know the plot of the movie. While watching it I could see the trajectory of the movie. Another aspect that I liked was the plot. The reason why I like the plot was that it was easy to grasp, as well as it was an interesting opening. The plot of the movie was a kidnapping. I also really like the effort that was put into demonstrating the kidnapping while leaving some mystery to the movie. The creators of the film do this by alluding to the fact that the highschooler was kidnaped at home by showing a controller on the floor. As well as the dad picking up the controller and the static that played behind the dad. I also really liked the fact they showed the highschooler being put inside the trunk of a car.

Even though I do not have much negative feedback, the other group lacked in some areas. One of the most prevalent criticism is the fact all the required angles were not present in the film. This included camera angles, and shots as well as required editing style. One suggestion that I have is to trim certain scenes to cut the time of the opening. The opening was over 2 minutes and the maximum was two minutes. Another suggestion that I have is to reshoot some scenes because the lighting was too dark unless that was the desired effect. I didn't have much confusion when it came to the film everything was well directed. I certainly like the fact the director and the camera manage to stay hidden in some shots. I really enjoyed watching the said film. All aspects of the film were really interesting. The most interesting was the fact the watcher fail to know why high school kid got kidnaped which created a cliff-hanger. All in all the film was great and inspired me to add things to my film.



No comments:

Post a Comment