Friday, April 17, 2020

Commercial

Due to the troubling time of the Coronavirus I want to look back on my progress to reflect. Down below is the first-ever video I did for this class. The first video I ever did was a commercial about Dunkin Donuts. Since the commercial was the first-ever video I did it was not my best work. However, I did learn a lot while doing this video. One thing that I learned was my love of directing. In the commercial that I and my group filmed, I was the director. After that video, I realize my passion for directing. The reason why I love directing so much is that it allowed me to be in control of things. As a perfectionist it allowed me to feed me innate desires of having everything perfect.

One of the many things that I also learned while filming this video was working with a group and how to deal with the consequences of a group.  Before I was in this class I tended not to work with groups do to the sole fact that I did not want to have to do all the work. However, during this project, I decided to work with a group and the result was not the best. One of my group members decided not to participate. This left me and my other partner completing all the work for the project. I tried to go to the teacher to complain but there was nothing to do about it since the video was due the next day. However, after that, I learned to pick your group members wisely. Another thing that I learned about was how to use a camera. Also, I learned how to use a tripod which is very important. Most importantly I learned how to use editing software. All in all the commercial was a good experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment