Friday, April 17, 2020

Music Video

The music video was the second-ever video I filmed. Filming this video was a good experience. I learned a lot of things while filming this video such as how to work on your own. For the music video, I worked alone because I wanted to try and see if I am capable of doing certain things on my own. For this video, I did the song "Hostage" by Billie Eilish. The reason why I chose to do this video is that it really spoke to me. The message that I got from the video was that sometimes things that we love hold us from doing what we're meant to do. That message really mirrored my own personal life at the time. That is why I chose to do that video. All in all, it was a good and fun video to shoot it was quite simple to edit as well.

The main thing that I can say that I learned while filming the video was time management and securing your actor. While filming the music video there was poor time management on my part. I did the music video at the last minute. The reason why I did the music video at the last minute was because I decided to procrastinate. So after almost not turning in the video on time, I decided from that day forward to always do my filming on time. Another valuable lesson that I learned was to secure your actor. For my video, I originally had planned for my brother and his girlfriend to play as the actors. However, they decided to cancel at the last minute. This left me being stuck with me as the actor and my sister being the director. Though the process went smooth this was not my favorite video to film.


No comments:

Post a Comment