Friday, January 17, 2020

Finalizing Pitch Idea Blog

 Today me and my partner narrowed down the three pitches that we had to one final pitch in which our first two minutes is going to be. The first pitch that we created " A wealthy woman's paranoia leads her to kill her sister and then foster the child she birthed who will then become his victim. " The second pitch me and my partner created is " A threatening organization that promised life and security for a newbie with a tragic past is only left with betrayal and a bloody path." The third pitch and final pitch that we came up with is "A man falls in love with his mentally deranged patient who will then go on a killing spree, which forces her lover to kill her." The pitch that me and my partner decided to base our final task on is the first pitch. The reason why we chose that pitch and not the others is because of a variety of reasons. These reason will be later discussed.

  The second pitch which is " A threatening organization that promised life and security for a newbie with a tragic past is only left with betrayal and a bloody a  path" did not get chosen. The reason why the second pitch didn't get picked is because we wouldn't be able to give enough back story. Another reason why we wouldn't be able to use pitch 2 is due to the lack of resources. Me and my partner also felt we wouldn't create a good enough performance that would do the pitch justice. There is also the lack of time that we have to shoot for the first two minutes. Furthermore me and my partner also have a lack actors needed to film this pitch. In order to film this pitch we would need a lot of actors as well as equipment and props. For these reason that is why my partner and I have chosen not to film this pitch.

My partner and I have also decided not to do pitch 3. Pitch 3 is “ A man falls in love with his mentally deranged patient who will then go on a killing spree, which forces her lover to kill her.” The reasons that we chose to not to film this pitch is similar to the second pitch. The most important reason why is because we felt that it will be hard to film. Due to the fact that it is a love story that ends in tragedy. Another reason why we decided not to film this pitch is because like previously mentioned the lack of resources. Another conversation my partner and I had was weather or not will we be able to produce the best first two minutes that will capture the essence of the film. My partner and I came to the conclusion that we wouldn’t be able to produce the best so we decided not to film that pitch.

The first pitch is the pitch that my partner have decided to film for our final task. The pitch is “ A wealthy woman paranoia leads her to kill her sister and then foster the child she birthed who will then become his victim." The reason why we chose to film this pitch is that we felt we could film it and tell the backstory better. The conversation that my partner and I had was deciding which pitch was the most interesting and is different the other things that will be don’t be the rest of my class. The reason why we think this pitch is interesting is because it’s not stereotypical because when someone think of sibling against sibling it usually brother against brother. In this pitch it is sister against sister and not brother against brother. Another reason why we think it is so interesting is because usually a foster son is not a typical murderer. There are also many other factors that played in the decision regarding which pitch my partner was going to film. Examples are, we can film this under the time we have and not having to do an abundant of re-shoots. We can get the amount of actors needed for the project. The amount of actors need for the project is only 5. My partner and I don’t have to go to many locations to film. Lastly it is the most interesting and exciting than the rest of the pitches. All in all those are the reason why my partner and I chose pitch 1 than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment